Latest Facebook News
The EYCC Board of Directors will be meeting on Monday, February 5th at 6:30pm at the East York Curling Club. You can view the agenda for the meeting here.
- Medieval Times Toronto
Starbucks – 978 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto
Swiss Chalet – 1400 O’Connor Drive, Toronto
Gyro Bar – 1050 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto
Knuckle Sandwich – 969 Coxwell Avenue, Toronto
Congratulations to our winning team, Team Wrightson from Paris Curling Club! And congratulations to Team Leonienco from Sutton and Team Radia from Richmond Hill who placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
- Club Manager Carolyn Fleming & Club Administrator Brittany Shulist for their pre-event support
- East York Staff Kevin, Joe, Angelo & Jodi for their help on bonspiel day
- Alice & Grace, two amazing volunteer parents who helped organize the prizes, raffle table and donations
- Chef Mike Maddin
- Our photographer, Cameron Ballantyne-Smith.
- Our graphic designer, Sharon Gough, who created our flyer.
- All of the volunteers who helped us at the bonspiel, both off and on the ice. Events like this are impossible to put together without their help.
We strive to make our bonspiel better, year after year. If you have any comments, suggestions or feedback, please feel free to share it with us.
Once again, thank you for being a part of the 2018 Game On! Bonspiel. We hope to see you next year! Tentative date: Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Coach Glenn Gabriel
Game On! Bonspiel Organizer & 2017-2018 East York CC Little Rocks Rep
On Saturday December 2nd, the Men’s Committee hosted The Bulldog Men’s Cashspiel. For the sixth consecutive year, the event was sold out with 24 teams representing 15 clubs from across Southern Ontario.
To our long-time sponsors, thank you for your continued generous support:
- Sleeman Breweries – grab a two-four on your next beer run
- Jawny Bakers Restaurant – awesome food at St. Claire Ave. E. & O’Connor Dr.
- Grapefully Yours – make your own wine
- Arterra Wines Canada – more great
Congratulations go to Team Frans from Oakville Curling Club as winner of the early draw and overall champion. They took home the champion’s cheque of $1,000.
Team Frans (Oakville), 2017 Bulldog Champion. From left to right: Jason Chang (Event Chair), Scott Foster (second); missing Joe Frans (skip), Mike Anderson (third), Ken McDermot (lead)
Congratulations also go to Team Shinde from Dixie Curling Club who took home $700 for winning the late draw and a strong performance from East York’s Team Metcalfe who finished in the prizes. In total, we paid out over $4,000 in cash plus hundreds of dollars in prizes. Please see below for the final standings.
Team Shinde (Dixie), 2017 Bulldog Draw Winner. From left to right: Steve Giannini (lead), Craig Shinde (skip), Kevin McDonald (third), Chris Jamieson (second)
Lastly, I want to thank the people whose support made this event a success:
- Club Manager, Carolyn Fleming & Club Administrator, Brittany Shulist for their pre-event support
- Kevin, Joe, Angelo & Andrew for sweeping, pebbling and nipping quickly
- Amanda, Kirsten & Brittany for keeping the beer flowing… and flowing…
- Bela Szabo and Matt Barrett for taking your 50/50 money (among other duties)
- Chef Mike Maddin and his crew for an amazing prime rib dinner
- The curlers for showing skill and sportsmanship
We look forward to welcoming all teams back in 2018. If you or someone you know would like to sponsor and be part of this great bonspiel, please email email@example.com.
Event Chair, The Bulldog Men’s Cashspiel
Winner and overall champion – Team Frans (Oakville)
2nd place – Team Webster (Oakville)
3rd place – Team Leermakers (Dixie)
4th place – Team McCullough (Thornhill)
5th place – Team Metcalfe (East York)
Winner and overall champion – Team Shinde (Dixie)
2nd place – Team Ellis (Leaside)
3rd place – Team Pokras (Richmond Hill)
4th place – Team Duguay (Oakville)
5th place – Team Newell (Royal Canadian)