What You Need To Know For The End of Season:
- The Club is having their annual general meeting on May 2nd, 2016. At that time, they address any motions that have been received. Any motion for the AGM must be received by April 11th, 2016. There is a pen, paper and envelope available on the cabinet outside the office. Please place your envelope in the drop slot in the left corner of the cabinet. Mark your envelope to the attention of the Board.
- Prior to the AGM, we are having our annual barbeque. The barbeque will be fired up at 6pm and the meeting follows at approximately 7:15pm. There is a sign-up form on the main bulletin board. The deadline for signing up is April 22nd, 2016. Please ensure that you make a note of any dietary restrictions.
- At the end of the season, please ensure that you clean out your locker. For those who are using the Club’s lock, please leave the lock inside the locker or in the boxes set out on the cabinet outside the office.
- Check out the lost and found before you leave for the season. Any article left over will be donated. (The lost and found is the right hand side of the blue box in the lower lounge).
- Before leaving for the season, please inform the office of any change of addresses in order to receive the mailing in July for next season.
Congratulations to our East York Women’s Teams for being OCA Women’s Tankard Provincial Finalists!
Skip: Shawnessy Johnson Skip: Heather Marshall
Vice: Sandra Gabriel Vice: Christine Loube
Second: Alex Beamish Second: Jenn McVittie
Lead: Ursula Beamish Lead: Helen Charbonneau
Registration is now open for the 2016/2017 curling season!
Early Bird registration deadline is May 30th, 2016!
Note: Using the online system will ensure that your fees are calculated properly, and also that all information reaches the league reps in the fastest manner possible. For this year, the online system will still require that you print out the confirmation page and mail that in along with your credit card information or a cheque (no payment will be accepted online).
Early Bird Manual form:
Form to be completed: (all 3 pages must be completed)
Early Bird Application FAQ
East York Curling Club’s
April 9th, 2016
2 Eight End Games
First Draw at 9:00 AM
Second Draw at 11:15 AM
Enter as team, individual or with some friends and we’ll find you a team!
You will keep the same team throughout!
The on-ice games will be competetive and so will the off-ice games!
Lunch, dinner and great prizes included!
Find out what True Sport is all about while having loads of fun and helping raise money for the inaugural
EYCC Youth Curling Sponsorship
Register at the club with the below form or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GOOD sport can make a GREAT difference.
Open Curling Day
March 19th, 2016
11 AM to 5 PM
At least one member required per sheet
$20.00 per non-member
Deadline to register is March 17th, 2016
Sheets will be confirmed by email on March 18th, 2016
Register at the club, by phone (416-396-2816) or by email to email@example.com
Priority will be given to members registering in person
Sign up now on the
Main Bulletin Board
in the upper lounge
East York Curling Club’s
Deadline for Registration is March 13th, 2016
As of February 20th, 2016, Local 79 will be in a strike position or lock-out position with the City of Toronto. The East York Curling Club facility is owned and operated by the City of Toronto. All staff are Local 79 Employees.
Being in a legal strike position does not necessarily mean an immediate work stoppage. At this time it is business as usual, however in the event of a work stoppage the following procedures will take place:
- A Notice will be posted on the Website and Facebook;
- An e-mail will be sent to the League Representatives who will keep the leagues up-dated.
- The contact number is still 416-396-2816 as we can remotely access the messages and of course by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is advisable that you take your equipment home this week as access to the Club will not be available. Equipment left in lockers will not be accessible until a strike has been resolved.
- Depending on the length of any potential strike, the Board will determine when the season will be completed and notify the Members as set out above.
- In the event that any potential strike is for a short period of time, the Members will be notified and new Draw Sheets will be posted.
A lot of women expressed disappointment at not being able to participate at the Shuffle Up & Spiel (presented by Face to Face Games). So as of today, registration is open to everyone!!!
The Men’s section invites you to our inaugural Shuffle Up and Spiel on March 5, 2016. The event will pits curlers vs. gamers in a battle of wits on and off the ice! Highlights include:
– Two eight-end games of curling
– Non-stop gaming, including poker, board games, card games, black jack and a dart tournament
– Top-notch prizes of all sorts and sizes
– Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks to keep you going the whole day
– Event is open to curlers of all experience levels, including out-of-club and out-of-section members!
Individual entries for the event have begun at the club. Early bird entry fee of $50 is active if you get your entry in before February 1st (use the box at the club or find a Men’s committee member).
Hope to see a full house on March 5th!
– EYCC Men’s Section