As of February 20th, 2016, Local 79 will be in a strike position or lock-out position with the City of Toronto. The East York Curling Club facility is owned and operated by the City of Toronto. All staff are Local 79 Employees.
Being in a legal strike position does not necessarily mean an immediate work stoppage. At this time it is business as usual, however in the event of a work stoppage the following procedures will take place:
- A Notice will be posted on the Website and Facebook;
- An e-mail will be sent to the League Representatives who will keep the leagues up-dated.
- The contact number is still 416-396-2816 as we can remotely access the messages and of course by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is advisable that you take your equipment home this week as access to the Club will not be available. Equipment left in lockers will not be accessible until a strike has been resolved.
- Depending on the length of any potential strike, the Board will determine when the season will be completed and notify the Members as set out above.
- In the event that any potential strike is for a short period of time, the Members will be notified and new Draw Sheets will be posted.