|C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S|
|Region 2 Winners|
|Good luck at the Provincials|
|at Brockville Country Club|
|April 11 to 15, 2012|
1. The Club is having their annual general meeting on April 23rd,2012. At that time, they address any motions that have been received. Any motion for the AGM must be received by April 9th, 2012. There is a pen, paper and envelope available on the cabinet outside the office. Please place your envelope in the drop slot in the left corner of the cabinet. Mark your envelope to the attention of the Board.
2. Prior to the AGM, we are having our annual barbeque. The barbeque will be fired up at 6pm and the meeting follows at approximately 7:15pm. There is a sign-up form on the main bulletin board. The deadline for signing up is April 16th, 2012. Please ensure that you make a note of any dietary restrictions.
3. At the end of the season, please ensure that you clean out your locker. For those who are using the Club’s locks can leave the lock inside the locker.
4. Check out the lost and found before you leave for the season. Any article left over will be donated. (The lost and found is the right hand side of the blue box in the lower lounge).
5. Before leaving for the season, please inform the office of any change of addresses in order to receive the mailing in July for next season.
The City of Toronto and CUPE Local 79 have had a “no board” report issued on March 8, and both parties will be in a legal position for a work stoppage as of March 25.
The Board of the East York Curling Club has followed up with the City regarding the impact on the Curling program at the Club. The City has responded noting that negotiations are continuing and that continguency plans are currently being worked on.
They have further pointed out, and I would like to reiterate this point, that the March 25 date is the date that a legal work stoppage may occur. It does not mean that either party will initiate either a strike or lockout on that date.
Until such time as we have further information, it’s still business as usual. In the event of a work stoppage, we will post further information on the EYCC website.
The Board continues to investigate what actions we’ll take regarding any membership reimbursement should a work stoppage occur, and the City has indicated that they will open the facility to allow members to access their lockers in the event of a work stoppage.
Hopefully, the City and Local 79 will end up in a negotiated settlement, just like the City and Local 416 did earlier this year.
The Friday Mixed League Playoffs start this Friday.
Please note: For this Friday (March 16), the games start 15 minutes earlier than usual, at 7:00pm and 9:00pm!
See the schedule for details.
Attention members of the Thursday Mens League!
This year, there are 7 weeks for playoffs. Please check the playoff schedule as soon as possible for a rundown of how the playoffs will work this year, as well as the ice and time for your game.